Friday, August 21, 2009

redeeming the time

Why do I find it so hard to live a simple life? It seems as though I always take "redeeming the time" to mean packing each moment, each opportunity as full as possible in the short time I am given. If that is true than why do people burn out, find themselves in need of so many vacations, and then vacations after their vacation? Why is it that in the midst of these days I am "redeeming my time" I find myself rushing my children everywhere with me and cannot seem to find the time to slow down enough to walk alongside my three year old as she wanders through her day in constant wonder of everything she passes! What is God really calling me to, in redeeming my time?
There is something about this time of year that makes me want to clean house! Out with the old, in with the new! Its been a full year of activity with our moving, beginning a new ministry, settling into a new area...its now that I look at where God has brought us, and what I desire more than anything is to be faithful to what He has called me to do! My questions going into our next year here is, what is it that He has called me to do, and what is it He has not called me to do? These are the questions I am considering in these days leading into a new season....all I know is that I have spent much time packing each moment in a frail attempt to redeem the time, and God is calling me to slow down!!

No comments: