Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Beginnings

"walk by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh" Galation 5:16
I have been a lot of thinking about my relationship with God, and how much I desire to be consumed by His spirit! I am so weary of my flesh, and anytime I have chosen to let it rise in me, and I want so desperately to live this abundant life I know my Savior has for me! I am doing a Beth Moore study, and on the video this week she did well at describing what it is I long for...
That ever part of me right down into the deepest places would be filled with God's spirit, that I would die to self, that my flesh would lay down, that God's spirit might be that which drives me, that which guides my emotions, my choices, and everything about me! I want none of me and all of Him!!!!
I desire to be a vessel that God can use, a life lived to bring Him glory....
I am sure things are gonna get tough, and its gonna be a battle. "Life is war" says John Piper and I am only beginning to understand how true this is! I want to fight, to move forward in this journey and be made more like Christ! I desire to be real as I go, and hope that this blog will be a good outlet for me to be transparent in the good days and bad ones!
I am excited...

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm so happy you joined blogger world! Now I can keep up with all your happenings! Am I ever gonna see ya again?!?