Thursday, November 6, 2008

"I want to Set the World on Fire"

"The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;" Is 61:1
I am getting ready for work, thinking about what God has for me today, and immediately my thoughts were of those I work alongside of! I have the privelege of serving not only in the church but also outside the walls of the church in our new community at a couple of gyms as well, as coaching a kids soccer team. I have met so many "broken hearted, captive people", and its a reminder to me of what an incredible salvation I have in Jesus, as well as how desperately I need to be sharing Gods truth with my words as well as my life!!
I am a people person...I just LOVE people! All kinds of people...I am realizing it more now that I am around even more people than I have ever been before! I am facinated by how different God has created each of us, and how unique we all are... More than that I desire so much that everyone would get to know how amazing God is! I know that if they could just get a a glimpse, a taste if you will of Him they would want nothing else, and the hopelessness would be replaced with such an amazing hope, and they would know what it means to be free, to have abundant life...that they would come to know what love really is!!!
AAhhhh...do you ever just feel like you could explode you want it so badly.... "God I ask that all over this nation whether it be at workplaces, concerts, church services, on the streets, that your spirit would be working on hearts, that people who do not know you would get a glimpse of you, and want more, and all of us no matter how long we have known You would continue to have such a hunger for you it drives us to our knees, and into your word!!! I praise you for those all over the world who are bringing your truth to those who do not know, and I ask your blessing on them this day!!"