Monday, November 10, 2008

Walk in Love

I was reading in Ephesians today about walking in love, and thinking on Tommy's message last night a Fuel... I realize how much of a doer I am, and "pleasing man" is such a struggle of mine! I get that way with God so quickly, wanting to make Him happy, and please Him, to do the right thing, sounds terrible I know:)...but seriously I have way too often been in the place where it becomes about doing, and not about loving, where my actions are not overflowing out of my love for God, but are more a response to my desire to always 'do' the right thing!
I want to love God...I mean really LOVE Him, and I realize how much I have to learn about what it really means to love! For things to not be about me, or what I get out of it, but to truly die to self!! I am realizing more and more that as much as I desire quick fixes, and instant results, this is a journey. "Lord continue your work in my heart today, fill me with your spirit, and teach me your love...For those who don't know you still, I ask that today they might get a glimpse of you, and want to know more, and that all of us who know would be ready to share!!!"

No comments: